Monday, December 13, 2004

In the beginning . . .

So here it is, my first post. I was searching for a name for this blog but I couldn't think of something. So turn to the trusty Tarot deck. Always good for a quick decision. After a couple of shuffles I pull out the Prince of Swords. The Prince and the Princess in the Tarot deck represent a person learning skills to lead a more fulfilling life. One of my books says "He begins with an intellectual understanding of what he wants to learn and then he transforms his body to do the will of the mind." It made me feel good. Hopefully a good omen.

This season has really burned me out and my creative outlets aren't refreshing me as well as they used to. I don't get the same joy from theatre that I used to. So now I am trying something new, something a little more dangerous. A web-based journal. Where anyone with a computer can read what I write and tell me what they think of my writing. Although I guess they would need at least one finger as well as a computer, you can't really access the internet if you don't have digits. Although maybe they have some type of stylus they can hold in their mouth. Anyway . . . the safety net is gone. No longer will my public writing be relegated to rehearsal notes and performance reports. Hopefully I won't be too boring.

Friends and I are going to a Christmas tree farm tomorrow and getting a tree. I am ridiculously excited. My mother has instilled in me a love of christmas decorating that is still strong in me even though I no longer am a christian. Is that wrong? My christmas tree is all Martha Stewart, all the way. Even the freaking lights are Martha Stewart. Martha Stewart First Snowfall, my god it is beautiful. I figure I owe it to her to have an all Martha tree since she is in the clink.

How is that for a first post? From tarot deck to creative outlets to Martha Stewart by way of finger-less web surfers. It may be a little difficult to top this in future posts.

2 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

brilliant. . . how exciting. i can't wait to read whatever you have to post. damn the safety net! i'm sooooooo excited for you. and what a wonderful way of choosing a blog name.

1:34 AM  
Blogger compostmoi said...

Bravo John...I shall read and read....and reply and reply....thanks for including me on your list...xxev

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home