Monday, December 13, 2004

Hello Yellow Brick Road

I went to the doctor today. I have horrible insomnia. Seriously it’s never been this bad. So I finally worked up the nerve to say something to my doctor. She gave me a prescription for a sleep aid. Exactly what I need! Although a tiny part of me feels like if I take sleeping pills I will wake up tomorrow as Judy Garland, the whole pill addict part not the entertainer/gay icon part. I wouldn’t mind insomnia so much if I could be productive for some of the hours I spend missing sleep. I could be writing or painting or doing something worth-while. Instead I sit at the computer reading for hours (thank you www.wikipedia.com). It’s the feeling of so much time wasted that bothers me. So hopefully this is the end of insomnia as I know it. Unless, of course, I overdose and die in my sleep. Either way I am done with insomnia. Those of you who are still laughing at the mental image of me as Judy Garland can stop now. And for the record, I would look HOT in a sequined pant-suit.

2 Comments:

Blogger compostmoi said...

Hey...when you made the comment yesterday that you had taken a sleeping pill, I wondered why you did and now I know why...insomnia, huh? Hard to beoieve that anyone who works where we do coul dever have trouble sleeping, but, I've had many a sleepless night with too many things to think about, so i do understand. FYI: my new blog address is compostmoi.blogspot.com...eventually I will link it to my website, but for now, I practise writing as well as I can....so come visit....xxev

1:27 AM  
Blogger compostmoi said...

and yes, you would look good in a sequined pantsuit...xxev

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home