Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Who Wants A Colonoscopy For Christmas? or A Post Of Sunshine And Puppies

A few weeks ago I had my follow up to discuss the results of my CT. The good news: the CT scan found nothing abnormal. The bad news: I still feel like I got effing stabbed. By the way the title to this post is an actual quote from my Gastroenterologist. She said basically the next step is to have an endoscopy and/or colonoscopy. It was amazing by the time she finished the sentence I was cured? Not really but I lied and said it was getting better. I promised her that if it got worse I would see someone in Sarasota. So that is that. So my plan now is to basically wish my stabbing pain away.

Today was my second day of work at the new job. It was a very hard day. My boss has basically released me into the job with absolutely no training. And I mean none. Not only do I not know anything, I don't know who to ask to get the information. Thankfully the other SM is being a huge help. Without her I really would have walked out today. We will see how it goes. The problem is this theatre is ultra-organized and everything is run by the-most-complex-computer-network-known-to-man. I am being serious. Today I clicked on the wrong thing and I think I launched the space shuttle. Seriously it is complex and, of course, since I am a Mac user the entire system is PC based. The other joy is that the SM *ahem* office has the two oldest computers I have ever seen. The office is really more of an alcove and our team of 2 SM's and 4 interns all use it. I think most prisoners in Florida jail's have more office space than I do. Speaking of offices. The admin office is basically a big room for the assistants and interns surrounded by glass walled offices for the big wigs. It is painted in very dark earth tones and the lighting system is all low hanging lights right over the desks. Basically it seems quite dark when you enter it from outside. All that's missing is a glass shaking bass line and the place could be a club. Then there are the people who work there. Each more beautiful than the next. I mean these people are gorgeous. And dressed like they are headed to a Vogue photoshoot. Everytime I go in there I feel like a bouncer is going to throw me out 'cause I'm not pretty enough. There is a guy who works on the far end (I have no clue which department) but he seriously could side-line as a model for GQ. It is absurd. For the last two days I have been feeling like the ugliest of ugly ducklings. Finally I said something to a couple of the SM interns and apparently everyone on the tech staff feels insufficiently attractive when compared to the Admin staff. Thank gods it isn't only me. We will see how it goes but thus far I am very nervous about the following nine months.

1 Comments:

Blogger 5ilver said...

Two things:

Get the tests. I know they sound awful, but you know that putting it off now will only lead to more pain...literally.

Second: I fell ya with the pretty people. I had that same problem in Miami and St. Louis. It's worse when the producer will talk to you only when you're dressed in a manner that he believes appropriate without considering that you just might have to move quickly at some point in the day and 3" heel just won't work.

Cheer up. Sarasota is a MONEY TOWN! So the people who drag it out of the old people have to look like they have it (I'm sure those manicures and hair product are tax deductible there) WE know who does all the actual work. Just color your hair blue and dare them to say anything.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home