Friday, April 22, 2005

I'd Hate To Be Pillaged . . .

A bunch of quick random thoughts while using borrowed internet:
-Oy moving! Well it is done. I won't have the cable modem hooked up until after the weekend so posting will continue to be scarce until then. Apologies.
-I have been listening to some Florence Foster Jenkins. She had absolutely no talent but loved what she did.
-Everyday President Bush scares me. Every single day I become terrified anew that this man is our president.
-I love The Pirate Movie. Wow everytime you think you might want the 80's to come back just watch that movie. I love the headband Kristie is wearing the first time we see her in the dream. At least the director had the sense to have her take it off quickly. And can anyone tell me the exact wording of the Major-General's line about Bo Derek? I am pretty sure the word "erection" is in there somewhere . . . Erika: any thoughts?
-Well my horse didn't win the race. Benedict XVI has already lashed out at Spain for passing a law allowing gay marriage. Same shit, different ponitff. Katie call me ridiculous all you want but I will never stop wishing for a better world.

1 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

keep pumping, blowing. . . .

oh, john. . . i can't even relate to you how happy i was to see that quoted line. . . . i don't even remember us talking about this movie,-and you know it recently came out on dvd. . . one of my highschool friends ordered an early copy, and i am falling so short. perhaps on some needed retail therapy this weekend. . . hmmmm

anyway, to answer you question, i sadly had to do a little recon, but i think you will be pleased. . . in it's entirety, i give you, a modern major general. . .

(The Pirate Movie) The Modern Major General's Song
Written by Gilbert & Sullivan, Trevor Farrant, and Peter Sullivan
Sung by Bill Kerr and the Cast

I am the very model of a modern Major-general,
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral.
I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical,
From Marathon to Waterloo and in order categorical.
I'm very well acquainted with matters mathematical,
I understand equations both the simple and quadratical.
About binomial theorem I am teeming with a lot of news,
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.
(With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.)
I am very good at intrical and differential calculus,
I know the scientific names of beings animalculus.
In short in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern major general.
(In short in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
He is the very model of a modern major general.)

I comprehend contemporary culture North American.
I straighten more piratical erections than Bo Derek and,
I'm in to EST and all the rest, I've undergone analysis,
I've jumped beyond the gravitude to permanent paralysis.
My muse is into music, but my credit I'll not trouble you,
From R&B to S&M, cross over C&W,
To groovin' with the Doobies in my Malibu white-souling tones.
Man, I'm older than the Beatles, but I'm younger than the Rolling Stones.
(He's older than the Beatles, but younger than the Rolling Stones.)
My military knowledge for I'm plucky and adventury.
Embraces M*A*S*H and Star Wars and the 22nd century.
In short in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern major general.
(In short in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
He is the very model of a modern major general.)

"the body's an eight, the brain's a ten, so let's go!"

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home