Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Two Things

Thing The First - It always amazes me when life provides the answers I am seeking. If I just remain quiet and listen the answer will come. I have been struggling with a decision for the last 2 weeks, well really 6 years. I have been completely stressed out about this decision lately. It has been truly weighing me down. So today I go into rehearsal for the first read through of my next show. Low and behold the answer smacks me in the face like a cold carp. All it took was me sitting calmly and listening to life for a bit and life provided the answer.

Thing The Second - I don't expect life to be fair but at the same time I truly believe in the Laws of Karma. If you do good, good will come to you. If you do bad, bad wil come to you. That being said nothing infuriates me more than someone succeeding based on lies. People who are frightened of the success of others. I work in a collaborative field. When one person working on a producton succeeds everyone who works on that production succeeds. Art shouldn't be a pissing contest. We shouldn't be stabbing each other in the back. We have this ass-kisser at work. He is getting really far. It infuriates me. The unfairness of it all makes me want to sink to his level. I want to wait until the teacher has turned his back to us and beat the crap out of the kid. I want to leave flaming bags of poo on his doorstep. I know I shouldn't but I still desperately want to do those things. I know I just need to breathe and let him screw himself. I can only concern myself with my behaviour and hope he comes to his senses.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know, how much is he really achieving? How good can he feel at the end of the day. Kiss ass. That's why he's "climbing the ladder." Tool. This place makes me sick to my stomache! The sad thing is it's no different anywhere else. What I love about it here is that there are such good, talented, kind people to stand beside the oppressed! That's the only way to make it thru the crazy! Damn, there is a lot of crazy! But, yeah, I want to through poo at him too (a big bag of like, #4 or #5, the explosive kind), not just on his front door, or on his car, but right in his face! While we're at it, there's some other's I'd like to add to the hit list.....What was that chinese proverb fortune thing??? 80 days.

11:01 PM  
Blogger compostmoi said...

Well, hey John and Kathleen...OBVIOUSLY i want to know who is inspiring such rage and poo-throwing energy in you both, but I know you will tell me if you want me to know...becaue after all these months i still crave barter gossip! Sad, isn't it?I am told I will have to wait for a good sit down face to face visit later in the summer before I can get my fill...but...meanwhile...we are swell..THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA is fantastic...Peter starts rehearsal with Reba soon...I will teach and direct for some months of the summer...John talk to me...Kathleen you too...we both miss you both...the City is terrific, full of such creativity...our Guest room awaits y ou both...xxevalyn

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I need to apologize for calling this person ugly things. Regardless of the validity of my words, they were not nice. I react with pure emotion rather than reason. I wish I could be more pragmatic. It certainly would make life easier. Anyway, the "gossip" is not fun to hear. It's sad. Be glad you both left when you did. I know Peter is right when he says we need to keep living and loving, but living here and loving this place now is very difficult. It's just one thing after the other. The gossip, if you are at all like me, will only break your heart. But, not everyone reacts to things like I do! Glad to hear you are both doing well & enjoying the summer.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Well, there certainly is a stigma that goes along with working at Barter. Don't worry..It's not just production. As far as I can gauge, its Front of House and Admin as much as anyone. But drama is our business..and as much as I loathe getting up and going into the box office every morning. I sure am going to miss it this fall. As far as your "kiss ass coworker" is concerned...Give him enough rope and he'll hang himself. And though it might not happen in such a timely manner that you would hope for...It will happen. It always does. That has been evident many times over in our department.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home