Saturday, March 25, 2006

You're The One For Me Fatty

So I have a job, I guess. It is only for a week but there is the possibility of the show being extended (again, apparently it has been extended thousands of times). There hasn't been a clear offer but both the Assistant Production Manager and the Stage Manager (who I will replace) spoke as if it is a done deal. Any way I drove to Vienna and rode the Metro in, and all in all it was a lovely trip. I got into the city far too early so I got to bum around Dupont Circle for 30 minutes or so. For those of you unfamiliar with DC, Dupont Circle is sort of the center of DC's gay and lesbian community. The theatre is gorgeous. They have a huge building with three theatres (Poppa, Momma and baby sizes). They are very contemporary looking. Very classy. I only was able to check out the theatre I will be in but it was quite nice, very stylish. The play (Fat Pig) is typical Neil Labute. Very well written but almost difficult to watch at points. You sort of agree with and are repulsed by the characters at the same time. The acting . . . was honestly a little disappointing. I saw understudies for both the male roles, but still, I just expected to be blown away and wasn't. I have seen better. Many times. I have also seen worse. The design of the show is lovely and I am looking forward to calling it. I am a little scared though, I only have 3 performances until the current SM leaves. So I will have to learn fast. I am actually going in tomorrow gratis just to have an extra chance at watching. The job pays bubkis (it's Equity SPT) but I am looking forward to a new adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home