Sunday, January 30, 2005

What Is Wrong With Me Today, part1

There is a certain colleague (who shall remain nameless) that I am not getting along with for some reason. In the past we have had our problems but this year everything this person says or does infuriates me. I mean flames-on-the-sides-of-my-face infuriates me. I don't know if there has been a change in me or them but something has changed.
I have no problem admitting when I make a mistake. However the other day this particular person discovered a mistake of mine and corrected it in a manner that can only be described as "with relish". It was rude and really pissed me off. Then this morning I get a call to figure something out and this person asks me something completely ridiculous, rude and borderline inappropriate. This caused me to be blatantly sarcastic on the phone, which thankfully went right over their head.
I just don't know how to fix this problem. We have worked so well together for the past 4 years and now suddenly I want to bitch-slap them everytime they open their mouth. Thus far my only plan has been to let the season get started because we have relatively little contact once rehearsals start . . . but everything that has pissed me off is routine stuff that we do together and could occur in June as well as January. This doesn't bode well for the next 11 months.
The biggest frustration is that I don't know why. I can't determine if the change has been on my side or their's. I am not claiming that I have never been pissed at this person in the last six years but never at this frequency. Since I started back to work on the 11th it has happened at least twice a week! I am really confused. I thought about just sitting this person down and talking about the problem but I am pretty sure that will just make it worse and for certain reasons I feel I can't go to the Artistic Director. I don't know what I am going to do. It scares me because if this doesn't get better it could make the season a living hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home