Sunday, January 09, 2005

Back in Abingdon

“We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” ~ Martin Luther King

Just got back today. I stayed at my parents' 2 days longer than I planned. It was great to see my family. Spent some time with my brother and his girlfriend. I got ditched by my best friend from high school. (Seriously, Miss Law you suck!) Saw some friends. Got lots of sleep.

Saw an old, old friend and it was kind of odd. I really became aware that by staying friends with this person I am holding on to something that really needs to end. I sort of cling to this friendship that is very unhealthy and yet comforting. It’s time to loose the safety net. It is sort of like addiction, you can’t stop yourself but you are conscious of how destructive it is. That type of dual awareness is so frustrating. That is pure torture. Knowing and yet being unable to stop yourself, being a slave to your own weakness. I spent so much of 2004 improving my life, I guess this is just another step on that path.

1 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

john. . . i'm so glad yu are writing. i love reading your blog even though i don't always comment. i'm glad you had a good trip home. . . . back to the grind though eh? take care

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home